Life happens. Sometimes it gets us questioning so many things and at other times, it unconsciously builds fear in us. It could be a relationship, marriage, career, or business that came to an end. We ask questions like “Why did it fail?” or “How am I sure the next one won’t fail?”
In many cases, our will wasn’t in accordance to the will of God. It’s very important that we yield our being to the will of God. The Bible says in Jeremiah 1:5: “I chose you before I gave you life, and before you were born I selected you to be a prophet to the nations.” Here, we understand that God created us with purpose in mind. You are not a mistake irrespective of the situation surrounding your birth.
There’s a popular Nigeria adage that says what an adult sees while standing, a child cannot see even if he climbs on a tree. God is our creator, one who can see into our past, present and future at the same time. It is for of this reason and many more we are to trust Him. Let us therefore surrender our will to His.
There are times our flesh tries to get in the way that’s why the Bible says in Matthew 26:41: “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak“. It is therefore advisable to always pray to be in God’s will for your life.
I’m sure you can relate with me that there are times you aren’t sure of what to pray about or how to go about it. That shouldn’t be a problem because the Holyspirit is there to help. Let’s look at what the Bible says in Romans 8:26: “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”
We can pray in the Holyghost as stated in Jude 1:20: “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost” or we can pray in our understanding which is what we would be doing today.
- Are you tired of making the wrong decisions?
- Are you tired of doing things your own way?
- Do you desire God’s will for every aspect of your life?
Then the following prayers are for you. If you haven’t surrendered your life to Jesus, you should do so before praying the following prayers. Say “Lord Jesus, I come to You today, I surrender my life to you. Please wash me with Your blood and have your way in my life in Jesus name.” Amen!
- Father, I thank You for life.
- Father, please keep me in the center of Your will in Jesus name.
- Father, let me be in the center of Your will in my career in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let Your will and Your will alone stand concerning my relationship in Jesus name.
- Father, let my heart desires be in accordance to Your desires for my life in Jesus name.
- Dear Jesus, give me the grace to always obey you.
- If I become stubborn, please build a brick wall against my will in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let your will be done concerning my health in Jesus name.
- Lord, I may not be in the best relationship with you right now but let Your will be done concerning my spiritual life.
- In this business, Lord let Your will be done.
- In any way I am presently outside Your will, please re-direct me.
- Let Your peace which surpasses all human understanding overshadow me in Jesus name.
- I won’t repeat any negative family pattern in the name of Jesus.
- When my flesh speaks, let your voice be louder in Jesus name.
- Lord, let Your will be done concerning my marriage in Jesus name.
- Father! Let me remain in your perfect will for my life in the name of Jesus.
- I thank You Lord because You’ve answered me. I declare that I have no reason to fear in Jesus name.
As often as you can, come back to these prayer points especially when you’re unsure of your decisions or overwhelmed by certain situations. Let us pray till our joy is full.
“Till now you haven’t asked for anything in my name. Keep asking, and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete”. John 16:24 CJB